For any label to shine, it needs to be properly applied. Below, Avery’s experts share their tips and tricks to help you perfect the process.
- Make sure the surface of the product is a neutral temperature – this will help the adhesive stick.
- Use isopropyl alcohol and a rag to clean and dry the product’s surface. Removing any dirt of dust helps make a stronger adhesive bond.
- If the product rolls, try sandwiching it between two objects to stabilize it for a more controlled application.
- After removing the label liner, holding the label by the outer edges will help you avoid contaminating the adhesive.
- If you’re applying the label to a bottle, look for a vertical seam. The seam can be used as a guide to help alignment.
- If you’re applying the label to a flat surface, look for an edge. Aligning the corner of the label with the product’s edge (pivoting slightly if needed) will help you calibrate.
- If you’re applying a label to a bottle or jar, start by applying pressure to the center, moving outward. This will help prevent creases.
- If you’re applying a label to a flat surface, start with an edge, “rolling” the remainder of the label on to avoid wrinkles.
- Once the label is flat, press firmly from edge to edge (for flat surfaces) or center to edge (for curved surfaces). This will help rub out any bubbles for a smooth application.
Bring Your Business to Life avery.com/smallbiz