Avery does not recommend using a laser printer on inkjet products. Reasons as to why we do not recommend this are:
- Laser printers use more heat than inkjet printers. Inkjet products are not meant to withstand the heat from a laser printer.
- The heat from a laser printer applied to an inkjet card product could damage a card product by causing the card to wilt.
- The heat from a laser printer applied to an inkjet product could damage an adhesive label product by weakening the adhesive; therefore, the adhesive will not adhere to the surface applied.
- The heat from a laser printer applied to an adhesive product can cause the color of the label to change.
- If the adhesive on an inkjet product becomes weak as it goes through the printer, there is a possibility the labels will separate from the matrix and cause the printer to jam.
Vice versa, Avery does not recommend using an inkjet printer to print laser products.
- Inkjet printers use a wet application as opposed to heat like laser printers. Laser products are not meant to grab wet ink applications.
- Can cause smearing from the ink of the inkjet printer as the product does not fully hold the ink if it is a laser product.