Share a little happiness with these DIY Mason jar gifts for everyone on your holiday shopping list. From friends and family, to neighbors, co-workers and even your kid’s teacher.
Mason jar gifts are unique, thoughtful and fun holiday gifts that are easy for busy moms to get done fast. You can also make these Mason jar gifts with your kids as a fun DIY holiday activity and as a subtle lesson in the value of heartfelt gift giving.
Get ready to spread some holiday cheer with these DIY Mason jar gifts you can personalize using our free customizable design templates and Avery Design & Print Online software.
Supplies for making Mason jar gifts
- Canning jars with lids
- Round or oval printable labels
- Printable gift tags with strings
- Decorations: Ribbon, string, twine or yarn, burlap, etc.
- Fillings for your Mason jar gifts
Nothing says “home for the holidays” like the scent of pine and bellies full of hearty winter soup. Send your friends and family Mason jar gifts that evoke nostalgic sense memories.
Cozy Mason jar gifts that feel like home
Sending cozy vibes is always welcomed during the holiday season, but even more so if you have loved ones that can’t make it home this year. Mason jar gifts that capture the scent of Christmas or the taste of a hearty soup on a cold winter day can help your friends and family feel at home wherever they are.
Christmas in a Jar stove potpourri
3 sprigs fresh pine
3 sticks cinnamon
1 mandarin sliced
1 cup fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons whole cloves
- Add all ingredients to your Mason jar
- Apply the Christmas in a Jar Label to the front
- Apply the instructions label to the back
Hearty five bean soup Mason jar gift
- 24 ounce Mason jar
- Plastic re-sealable bag
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup yellow split peas
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 1/2 cup great northern beans
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoons dehydrated garlic
- 4 cubes of organic vegetable bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- Add 1/2 cup of red kidney beans to your Mason jar, gently tap to settle contents
- Repeat with each additional four types of beans
- Combine all seasonings in a bowl and mix well
- Print or write out the cooking instructions on a half-sheet of paper,* roll it up and push it down into the beans
- Fill plastic re-sealable bag with seasonings, tuck into the top of the jar
- Cover the lid with burlap and decorate with a string or twine
- Decorate the front of your Mason jar gift with a label
- Rinse beans in a strainer
- Combine beans and 6 cups water, bring to a boil
- Turn off heat and let stand for 1 hour
- Repeat rinsing beans in strainer
- Add beans back to pot with 7 cups water
- Add seasoning mix and 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- Bring to boil
- Reduce heat, let simmer for 1 hour.
It’s the most snack-able time of the year! Send Mason jar gifts full of the festive treats your family and friends love most.
Yummy Mason jar gifts for holiday treats
Cookie mix in a jar, festive colored holiday candies, different types of seasonal teas and trail mix blends are all great gift in a jar options. Here’s a couple yummy Mason jar gift ideas with matching templates so all you have to do is print them out and fill the jars.
Hot cocoa Mason jar gift
- Classic hot cocoa mix
- Optional: White hot cocoa mix, candy cans or other toppers
- Fill the Mason jar three quarters of the way with powdered hot cocoa mix (Optional: layer in different flavors of hot cocoa mix)
- Fill with marshmallows to the top (Optional: leave room to garnish with crushed candy canes or other toppers)
- Decorate the lid with ribbon, yarn, twine or string
- Apply your Mason jar gift label to the front of the jar
Chex-ing his list Mason jar gift
- Chex™ mix of your choice
- Buy premade or try a recipe to make your own
- Simply fill your Mason jar with the mix
- Attach your Mason jar gift tag with the string
- Cover with a pretty ribbon tied in a bow
Give your loved ones a little TLC with self-care jar gifts. From soaking to polishing, these beauty and grooming gifts are all about feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Merry “Me Time” Mason jar gifts for self-care
Crisp winter winds, cozy warm heaters and lots of staying indoors can be lovely during the holidays, but they’re also a recipe for dry winter skin and cracked cuticles. Give your loved ones beauty and grooming themed Mason jar gifts so they can relax, refresh and pamper themselves at home.
Tub tea Mason jar gift set
- Epsom salts
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Powdered milk
- Chamomile tea and dried petals
- Dried rose petals and rose tea
- Dried lavender
- 3 Mason jars
- Disposable tea bags
- Optional: small wooden scoops and crinkle cut gift filler
- Since you’ll be making 3 separate tub tea blends, set out all three jars in front of you
- Add about an inch of Epsom salts to each jar, gently tap to settle the contents
- Repeat to add an inch of powdered milk to each jar
- Sprinkle a light layer (about half an inch) of Chamomile tea and petals in one jar
- Repeat with lavender in the next jar and the rose petals and rose tea in the last jar
- Repeat steps 2-5 until you have about an inch left at the top
- Label each Mason jar according to blend and add a tag with instructions
- Optional: Add 5-10 tea bag pouches and wooden scoops to complete the gift
Mani-pedi Mason jar gift
- Nail polish
- Top coat
- Nail clippers
- File or emery boards
- Toe separator
- Optional: cuticle cream, mini bottle of polish remover and cotton balls
- Fill your mason jar with all “ingredients”
- Optional: top off with cotton balls
- Add a festive label to complete your nail-care Mason jar gift
Try another easy project for the holidays
Explore Christmas projects you can do at home with free Avery templates and printable tags, cards or labels. Pick one to complement your Mason jar gifts, for example wrapping tips or making your own holiday cards. Or treat yourself and try something totally new!