Find a Template
The fastest way to find a template is to go to avery.com/templates and type your Avery product number or template number into the white Search Bar at the top center of the page. (Your product and template number can be found on the bottom right of your Avery packaging.) You can also search by product category if you don't have your product number handy.
Note: Many Avery products have similar layouts but are different sizes, so it's important to use the correct template for your product. It's also important to be sure you're using the correct product type for your printer. (Inkjet-only products should only be used in inkjet printers, and laser-only products in laser printers).
If you have Word 2007 or a newer version, follow the instructions below to find Avery templates built in to Microsoft® Word.
Note: Older versions of Word are slightly different.
- With your Word document open, go to the top of screen and click Mailings > Labels > Options. (In older versions of Word, the Options setting is located in Tools at the top of the page.)
- Select Avery US Letter from the drop-down menu next to Label Vendors. Then scroll to find your Avery product number and click OK.
- If you want all your labels to have the same information, type it into the address box and click New Document. If you want different information on each label, click New Document and then proceed to fill in your labels.
- If your template looks like a blank page, select Layout > View Gridlines to see the template layout.
- If your product number isn't built in to your software, you can download the template instead.
The fastest way to download an Avery template is to go to avery.com/templates and type your Avery product or template number into the white Search Bar at the top center of the page. (Your product or template number can be found on the bottom right of your Avery packaging). You can also search by product category if you don't have your product or template number handy.
Once you've located your product, scroll down to the middle of the page to Download Templates. Select your preferred software from the drop-down menu and click Download Blank Template.
Note: Many Avery products have similar layouts but are different sizes, so make sure you use the correct template for your product. It's also important to be sure you're using the correct product type for your printer. (Inkjet-only products should only be used in inkjet printers, and laser-only products in laser printers).
Some Avery templates are built right into the Mac OS so you can easily print your contacts by selecting individuals or a group. Use Command-click to select multiple contacts.
Choose File > Print. Click the Style menu and choose Mailing Labels. Click Layout, then Page menu, then select your Avery product. Click Print.
Note: If your label isn't included, try using avery.com/templates instead.
Avery Design & Print works with Mac OS and gives you robust editing tools and the ability to import designs from many programs.
- Open a blank Word document.
- From the Tools menu, select Labels
- Note: Make sure the Full page of the same label is selected
- In the Label section, click options. The Label Options dialog box will appear.
- From the Label products pull-down menu, select "Avery Standard".
- From the Product number scroll list, select the product number.
- Click OK
Here is how you can convert your DesignPro files:
- Download Avery Design and Print
- Go to Open a Saved Project and load your DesignPro project (.zdl file) from your computer
- After the project opens in Avery Design and Print, save the project to your computer as a .avery file
- Go to avery.com/myprojects and select Upload Project to open your .avery file
- Save the project to your online Avery account
The product and template number is the four-or five-digit number usually shown in large print on the front of Avery product packaging.
The product number can also be found as the second set of numbers located directly below the UPC barcode on the packaging.
Avery Design & Print Online projects are saved with the filename extension .avery. There are three ways to open a saved .avery file.
- Sign in to your Avery account at avery.com and your saved projects will appear. Find the image you’re looking for and click Open. Or you can click Upload Project, if you have the project saved on your computer.
- Go to avery.com/print and click on Open a Saved Project.
- If you are already working in Avery Design & Print Online, click on Open in the top right corner of the screen.
If you can’t find your project in your Avery account, check other email addresses you might have used.
If you can’t find your project on your computer, search all programs and files for the .avery file extension.