Some Canon Pixma printers have a feed path that makes a U-turn as the paper, labels or cards go through. This makes it important to adjust your printer settings to help your printer print accurately. Some of these printers have the option to place paper in a manual feed tray at the back of the printer and then the paper path can be straight through instead of turning. A straight paper path is much easier for accurate feeding of sheets, so be sure to use the manual feed tray if your printer has that available.
When you print, be sure:
- You are using Avery products designed for inkjet printers
- Paper size is set to 8.5 x 11
- Scale is set to 100% (may be under More Settings or Properties or Preferences in the print dialog)
- For glossy labels, choose Normal print quality and the plain paper settings to avoid smearing
- For other labels and card products, choose Best print quality to avoid misalignment
When placing labels or cards in the paper tray:
- Use the manual feed tray if that is an option for your printer model
- Fan the sheets before putting them in
- Be sure not to over-fill the tray (only 1/2 or 3/4 capacity)
- Gently snug the paper guides to the edges of the labels or cards
- If you're only printing a few sheets, place 20 or so sheets of plain paper underneath
- If the printer is pulling more than one sheet at a time, you may need to feed a single sheet at a time.
- For more help with Canon Pixma printers, call Canon at 800-828-4040 or visit Canon Support.
Was This Article Helpful?