When you need a logo, website, and other marketing materials for your business, it can be an expensive, time-consuming proposition. You can design them on your own using free online software tools but if you prefer to have it done professionally by a graphic designer, it can be overwhelming and expensive. That’s why Avery is partnering up with crowdspring.
The partnership offers Avery customers a high-quality, affordable design option for your business. You can work with multiple designers who will submit dozens of concepts based on your brief. You can review, rate, and give your feedback, and then for one set price, pick the design you love.
With more than 220,000 vetted designers from around the world, you’re sure to find the perfect designer. It’s ideal for businesses, agencies, entrepreneurs, and non-profits of any size that are looking for an inexpensive, professional design option.
Once you have your completed design from crowdspring, simply upload it into your Avery account. Then order your custom product labels, marketing postcards, stickers, hangtags, business cards, and more.
Many startups are founded when entrepreneurs find a powerful way to solve their problems. That’s how crowdspring was born.
Fifteen years ago, Ross Kimbarovsky, was a partner at a mid-sized Chicago law firm. He led a project to redesign the firm’s website, among other responsibilities. The firm put together its requirements, requested proposals, interviewed design firms, and hired a leading firm. It was a painful, lengthy, and expensive experience.
Frustrated and disappointed with how business owners typically purchased creative services, Ross and a friend brainstormed to improve the process. They surveyed hundreds of businesses, wholly reimagined the buying experience, experimented with their ideas, and launched crowdspring in 2008.
In the past fifteen years, more than 65,000 of the world’s most successful small businesses, startups, agencies, and nonprofits have trusted crowdspring and its community of 220,000+ experienced designers and namers for high-quality custom label design, logo design, website design, graphic design, product design, and company naming services.
Crowdspring’s creative community
More than 220,000 designers and namers work on crowdspring. They come from 195 countries, speak over 100 languages, and are some of the most creative people on the planet.
Crowdspring is among the global leaders regarding quality standards for design and naming. So, only a small percentage of freelancers are invited to join the community. And every designer and namer is carefully vetted in each design and naming category by crowdspring’s experienced team.
The focus on quality doesn’t stop when a creative is invited to work on crowdspring. Multiple times throughout the year, the team conducts quality reviews to ensure that the work and communication of every creative who works uphold the company’s high standards. And, to help clients make more informed decisions, the company has a unique reputation system that algorithmically measures quality, and transparently shows you a score from 1 to 100 (100 is best), reflecting each creative’s reputation.
How crowdspring works
Historically, small businesses were at a disadvantage when negotiating with freelancers and agencies for custom design. The traditional process is frustrating, expensive, time-consuming, and risky.
Crowdspring completely reimagined that experience. Instead of wasting time on bids and proposals as you might do when hiring a freelancer or agency, crowdspring empowers you to pick from among actual custom designs and names. Once you try this process, you’ll never go back to the old frustrating, and expensive way of hiring designers and agencies.
It’s a simple, quick, and effective process. And it typically costs 10 to 50 times less than hiring a freelancer or agency using the traditional process.
When you need a custom label, logo, website, marketing materials, a business name, or other custom design services, explain what you need, when you need it, and how much you’d like to pay. Once your project is posted on crowdspring, creatives worldwide will work on your project, and you’ll begin to receive actual designs – not bids or proposals – to review. Designers will share dozens of concepts based on your project brief. You’ll review and rate the designs as they arrive, and designers will revise as you provide feedback.
When the project ends, just pick the design you love. You can ask the designer for final adjustments and you will receive print and web-ready files, along with a signed, written legal agreement transferring full intellectual property rights to you.
How crowdspring differs from other design services
Thousands of small businesses, startups, agencies, and nonprofits trust crowdspring for high-quality custom label and logo design, web design, product design, and company naming services.
Here are seven ways that crowdspring differentiates itself:
- Transparent, straightforward pricing. You’ll always know exactly what you’ll pay on crowdspring, with no hidden costs, upcharges, or surprises. And compared to traditional freelancers and agencies, you’ll pay 10 to 50 times less for a custom design or business name.
- Powerful money-back guarantee. If you’re not 100% happy with your design project or your business naming project doesn’t receive at least 100 name suggestions, you can request a full refund.
- Industry-leading privacy protection. If you’re starting a new business or just want to keep your project completely private, you’ll have your choice of non-disclosure agreements, search engine exclusion, private galleries, and more.
- Industry-leading intellectual property protections. Every project on crowdspring is protected by a customized legal contract with comprehensive IP policies, standards of conduct, rules, and an experienced team. The company is a recognized market leader in protecting intellectual property.
- A vetted, global creative team you can trust. All custom design and naming projects on crowdspring are created by real people, not computers. The use of stock or clip art is not permitted, ensuring your brand will have a unique, memorable look.
- Award-winning client support. Communicate the way you want – by phone, email, and live chat. With a 99% client satisfaction rating, crowdspring has a team you can rely on around the clock.
- Award-winning SMB education. Crowdspring publishes a popular SMB marketing blog, offering insights on small business, marketing, entrepreneurship, and design. With comprehensive guides on everything from branding to leveraging marketing psychology to grow your business, website optimization, and everything in between, the blog has thousands of actionable articles to help start and grow a successful business.
Why visual identity is crucial to your brand
All successful business owners and entrepreneurs know that poor visual design and weak brand identity can threaten the survival of a business.
Your company’s brand identity is the special sauce that sets you apart from your competitors and other businesses. Brand identity includes all visible brand elements such as your logo, colors, shapes, product labels, website, and marketing materials.
The goal of branding is to tell your company’s brand story in a way that creates loyalty, brand awareness, and excitement. Your company’s logo is one of the most critical brand identity elements. A product label without a logo will make it impossible for your customers and prospects to find your business online or to discover other products from your company.
A poorly designed logo will tarnish your brand, even if your product label looks great. People want to do business with brands they can trust. Poorly designed logos (and labels) undermine that trust. With Avery and crowdspring partnering, you get the best of both worlds. Choose your design from a collection of professional graphic designers, then upload it into your Avery account and order your custom printed labels, stickers, cards, and tags. Or you can DIY it with blank sheet labels.
No matter what design service you use, or what marketing materials you order, remember: Good design is good business.
Avery customers get $35 off their first project on crowdspring plus free Advanced Promotion (a $134 total value). The discount is valid for any of the 33 categories of design and branding on crowdspring and will be applied to your cart when you click this link.