Thirteen Party Planning Hacks for Halloween
WARNING! These Halloween party hacks make planning so easy to do, it’s scary. But you know what that means - more time for you to prepare other fun goodies, like creepy foodstuffs with eyeballs and perhaps a magic potion bar. Check out these tips and tricks to help you get this fright night party startled… and started!
- Start with a party theme. Whether it’s a monster bash, creepy crawly celebration or ghouls’ night in, choosing a central idea can help tie all your party elements together.
- Design your own invitations. You don’t have to be a designer to create professional-looking invitations. Get free templates on Avery Design & Print, customize with your party details such as date, time and place, and print on postcards.
- Make an invite list. Gather names and addresses for your invitations. Enter them on a spreadsheet, do a mail merge with Avery Design & Print and print their mailing info the same time you print the invites!
- Get a head count. Adding an RSVP to your invites can help determine how many guests to expect, the number of supplies to make and amount of food and drinks to serve.
- Personalize your party supplies. Did you know with Avery Design & Print you can add your own images to your design? Whether you’re designing cards, labels or tags, all you do is start with a pre-designed or blank template and import images from your computer, Instagram, Google Photos or other sources.
Pick your potion! Get creative with personalized Oval Labels (22820) and other specialty shapes.
- Coordinate the look. Want the design theme from your invites to match your buffet cards, treat stickers and other party supplies? There’s a nifty shortcut in Avery Design & Print that lets you “Apply Design to Another Product” so you don’t need to recreate your design from scratch. You’ll find it on the Preview & Print screen, under Print Options.
- Plan the menu. Get your gruesome grub on! The party theme sets the tone for the party, and above all, what to eat and drink. For a dinner party or a casual get-together, guests will get into the spirit when you tie in your food and beverages to fit the theme.
- Identify the ingredients. Halloween is not all about the candy. Offering a mix of sweet and savory foods can satisfy those with a sweet or salty tooth. Create custom tent cards to identify the food (or come up with a name for your creation to fit the party theme) and even call out specific ingredients for those with food allergies.
- Oh, we’re not done with tent cards yet! They’re great for games, too—use them to provide clues for a murder mystery or a scavenger hunt, or pass them out for a game of “guess who.”
- Speaking of fun and games, scoot over, tent cards—because tickets are also here to play. They’re easy to customize and each one has a detachable ticket stub. Great for promoting a costume party, entry to a haunted house or as drink tickets.
- Package up some party favors. Give your guests a parting gift to show your appreciation. And for an extra-special touch? Personalize each gift with the guest’s name on a label or tag.
- Make your labels into multitaskers. Using labels to decorate your invites? Print a few extra to decorate your favor bags. Got a batch for cupcake toppers? Create fun labels for beverage bottles. There are plenty of ways to make sure each label goes to good use.
- Let us do the printing for you. Got too much going on? No need to freak out. Avery WePrint™ can take care of printing your invitation postcards, tent cards, food and beverage labels and even favor stickers. No set-up fees, low minimum order quantities and delivery in as few as three business days. It’s a scream come true.