Third Annual "Avery Give Back to Schools" Promotion
Avery Dennison’s Office and Consumer Products Group announced the winners of their “Avery Give Back to Schools™” promotion today. Prizes will be awarded to each of the 30 schools that received the most online votes in a tier-based structure, and 10 randomly selected schools that qualified based on a threshold of votes received.
The five schools that earned the most online public votes will each receive $10,000 (retail value) worth of Avery® school supplies, 25,000 Bonus eBox Tops® (a $2,500 value) and $1,000 in gift cards for teachers to purchase additional classroom supplies. The next 25 schools with the most votes will each receive 10,000 Bonus eBox Tops (a $1,000 value). In addition, 10 randomly selected schools with 100 votes or more will each receive 5,000 Bonus eBox Tops (a $500 value).
Avery Dennison Office and Consumer Products Group created the online initiative as an additional opportunity to give back to the communities that have made the company’s success possible. Teachers, families and supporters (ages 18 and older) voted online for their local K-8 school between May 7 and September 14, 2012.
“For the third year in a row we are happy to be supporting and drawing attention to the needs of schools," said Tim Bond, Group Vice President of Office and Consumer Products for Avery Dennison. "We are excited to award 40 hard-working schools this year with these Avery® school supplies and Bonus eBox Tops, and are pleased to have another chance to demonstrate our commitment to them.”
Receiving more than 2 million votes:
The top 5 schools are:
1. Stone Elementary – Crossville, TN
2. Henry Elementary – Henry, VA
3. Discovery Key Elementary – Lake Worth, FL
4. Tyndall Elementary – Panama City, FL
5. Walt Disney Elementary - San Ramon, CA
The 25 runners up are:
1. Emmorton Elementary – Bel Air, MD
2. Edna Batey Elementary – Elk Grove, CA
3. Addison Elementary – Hartford, WI
4. Sontag Elementary – Rocky Mount, VA
5. La Fetra Elementary – Glendora, CA
6. Hancock Elementary – Chandler, AZ
7. Jack L. Weaver Elementary – Los Alamitos, CA
8. Binks Forest Elementary - Wellington, FL
9. Eastvale Elementary – Corona, CA
10. Bear Creek Elementary – Elizabethtown, PA
11. St. Bede School – Ingleside, IL
12. Mt. Vernon Elementary – St. Petersburg, FL
13. Banyan Elementary – Newbury Park, CA
14. St. Mary’s School – Bellevue, NE
15. Ryan Elementary – Chandler, AZ
16. Los Angeles Center For Enriched Studies – Los Angeles, CA
17. Atascocita Springs Elementary – Humble, TX
18. Lietz Elementary – San Jose, CA
19. Parmenter – Franklin, MA
20. Hugo A. Owens Middle – Chesapeake, VA
21. Lakeway Elementary – Austin, TX
22. Snow Creek Elementary – Penhook, VA
23. MacArthur Elementary – Germantown, WI
24. W.C. Abney Elementary – Dallas, GA
25. Lakeview Elementary – Trophy Club, TX
The 10 randomly drawn schools are:
1. Charlotte Patterson – Gilbert, AZ
2. Bay Haven School of Basics Plus – Sarasota, FL
3. St. Mark Catholic – Cleveland, OH
4. St. Peters Middle School – Joplin, MO
5. Sacred Heart Catholic School – Uvalde, TX
6. Henrietta Elementary – Henrietta, TX
7. St. Demetrios School Astoria – Astoria, NY
8. Margaret Landell Elementary – Cypress, CA
9. St. Joseph Regional School – Newton, NJ
10. St. Mark’s Episcopal School – Upland, CA
The Avery Give Back to Schools™ promotion reflects the division’s belief that a solid education is the cornerstone of a strong community. To enable children to receive the education that they need and deserve, Avery Dennison Office and Consumer Products Group provides financial and in-kind support to children, teachers and schools through programs such as Box Tops for Education®. In three years, schools have earned more than $2,500,000 through Box Tops coupons found on Avery® products, the first school and office supply manufacturer to participate in the program. For more information on Avery Dennison Office and Consumer Products Group’s participation in the program, visit www.avery.com/btfe and www.btfe.com.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) helps make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. The company is a global leader in pressure-sensitive labeling technology and materials and retail branding and information solutions. A FORTUNE 500® company with sales of $6 billion from continuing operations in 2011, Avery Dennison is based in Pasadena, California and has employees in over 50 countries. For more information, visit www.avery.com.
About Avery Dennison Office and Consumer Products
Avery Dennison Office and Consumer Products Group (www.avery.com) markets products under the well-known Avery® brand name and is one of the world's leading manufacturers of self-adhesive labels for laser and ink jet printers, binders, sheet protectors, index and tab dividers and other office-, home- and school-related supplies. Avery Dennison Office and Consumer Products Group, a business unit of Avery Dennison Corporation, is based in Brea, California. For more information about Avery® brand products, consumers can visit the Avery Dennison Office and Consumer Products Group web site at www.avery.com or call the Avery Consumer Service Center at 1-800-GO-AVERY (1-800-462-8379).
About Box Tops for Education®
Green Giant® Fresh is the only produce brand featuring Box Tops for Education® coupons. General Mills’ Box Tops for Education® program offers families easy, everyday ways to earn cash for their designated school. The program started in 1996 and over the past 15 years, more than 90,000 schools have earned over $400 million through Box Tops for Education, including more than $59 million last school year. Many General Mills brands – ranging from Cheerios to Bisquick to Betty Crocker cake mixes and licensee brands including Green Giant® Fresh produce, Hefty bags, Juicy Juice juice boxes, Brita water filters, Kleenex facial tissues and Avery school and office supplies – feature a Box Tops coupon that can be submitted to General Mills for 10 cents for a participating school.
©2012 Avery Dennison Corporation. All rights reserved. Avery, Avery Dennison and all other Avery brands, product names and codes are trademarks of Avery Dennison Corporation. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners. Box Tops for Education is a registered trademark of General Mills, used with permission. © 2012 General Mills
Avery Products Corporation