My Top 5 Resources for Creating Professional Meeting Materials [Sponsored]
When an unexpected meeting pops up, it can add panic and stress. To avoid this, I keep a few key items stocked all of the time so I can create a positive and professional meeting experience at a moment’s notice.
- Binders – Half-inch and one-inch binders are usually sufficient for most meeting needs. My rule of thumb is to keep enough binders on hand to accommodate the number of people on my company’s leadership team, plus six guests.
Avery has an assortment of binder sizes ranging from ½” up to 5” ring sizes in a variety of colors. The one-touch rings allow you to open all three rings with a single touch, and the wide front cover and back binder panels fully cover standard dividers and sheet protectors. If you order several binder sizes, order them in the same color so they look consistent in your meeting – even if you have to substitute a different size for some attendees.
- Tabbed Dividers – You never know what you’ll need to assemble for meeting materials, so having an assortment of tabbed dividers to go with your binders keeps you prepared. You can create Avery Customizable Print-On Dividers in minutes, and quickly insert them into your meeting binders for a professional look. You can print directly on the tabs and dividers in landscape or portrait format – no labels required! And they are compatible with laser or inkjet printers.
- Sheet Protectors and Corner Lock Plastic Sleeves – I like to keep the Avery Diamond Clear Heavyweight Sheet Protectors on hand because I never know when I might need them. They are acid free, archival safe, and have an easy load feature that provides a wider top opening so papers slide easily into place.
- Tent Cards – Tent cards are very helpful as they allow meeting participants to get to know one another. And, if you have external meeting participants, they can help break the ice and facilitate dialogue. The Avery Tent Cards are a premium cardstock that holds up to frequent folding and come in medium and large sizes. Keep them on hand for instant hand-written name tents or create your own customized designs online with the free templates and ideas available at Avery.com/templates.
- Writing Instruments – I always stock an assortment of writing instruments and other basic office supplies, such as paper clips and sticky notes, in organizers in the middle of the conference room tables. Avery has an assortment of desk and pen-style dry erase markers, permanent markers, smear safe highlighters, and gel pens that make it convenient for your meeting guests to take notes, or for event speakers and meeting facilitators to create visuals on white boards and flip charts.
It’s a great feeling when you can accommodate an unexpected meeting at a moment’s notice because you had the right tools for the job. And these Avery resources will help you create professional meeting materials that make an impression!
© 2018 Julie Perrine International, LLC
Julie Perrine is the founder and CEO of All Things Admin, providing training, mentoring and resources for administrative professionals worldwide. Julie applies her administrative expertise and passion for lifelong learning to serving as an enthusiastic mentor, speaker and author who educates admins around the world on how to be more effective every day. Learn more about Julie’s books — The Innovative Admin: Unleash the Power of Innovation in Your Administrative Career, The Organized Admin: Leverage Your Unique Organizing Style to Create Systems, Reduce Overwhelm, and Increase Productivity, and Become a Procedures Pro: The Admin’s Guide to Developing Effective Office Systems and Procedures.
Some of the links featured in our emails and blog posts are sponsored links and All Things Admin may receive compensation for them. We only recommend products and resources that we use in our professional lives and building our business. We hope you will find them beneficial, too.