Your online business may be small, but you probably have big hopes. You work hard to present your products and build a business that represents you, your style, and your talent. But when you can’t meet customers face-to-face on the web, how can you make sure your business expresses your unique personality? Here are some ideas on how to punch up your products, packaging, and promotional materials to increase the visibility of your brand and help market your business.
Power up your brand on products
Send your products out into the world with their proper identification—your brand. Avery offers a variety of easy-to-use printable products to label, bag, and tag your goods. And to customize, the free Avery Design & Print Online program offers pre-designed and blank templates so you can add your business logo, text, and images.
- Avery Round, Oval, and Square Labels make a great presentation for products in boxes, bottles, and bags. These permanent labels allow you to print to the edge, so you can print full-color backgrounds for a standout look.
- Avery Arched Labels feature a unique shape and texture that adds an elegant look to your products. These water-resistant labels are ideal for branding chilled products as the permanent adhesive and colors stay put when wet.
- Avery Printable Tags with Strings are perfect for clothing, jewelry, and other handicrafts. These pre-punched, double-sided tags create a premium look and feel for your products. Includes quality fabric strings with quick-latch fasteners for easy and secure attachment.
- Avery Printable Bag Toppers with Bags provide a neat way to package tiny treasures, bath salts, or other loose, non-food items. Customizable bag toppers have a pre-applied adhesive for quick and easy assembly.
Psst! Small business tip: When you print labels from your computer instead of ordering from a printing company, you’ll have the freedom to create as many labels as you need, when you need it. No need to commit to a large bulk order!
Make it match with your mailing and shipping
Flex your marketing muscle with promotional materials
Now that you’ve interacted with a customer, build that relationship and give them a reason to keep coming back. Here are some ways you can continue to promote your business:
- Promotional cards. Provide your customers an incentive to shop again by including a promotional card with their shipment. It could be a loyalty discount, special offer, or even a deal they can share with a friend. It’s easy and affordable to create your own right from your desktop with Avery Clean Edge® Business Cards and the Avery Design & Print Online program.
- Samples. Got a new product you want people to try? Or have a cross-sell recommendation you’d like to share? Put together a small sample with Avery Printable Bag Toppers with Bags and include with their order.
- Digitally connect. Share additional information by sending customers to your website, online coupons, videos, and other digital media by including a QR barcode on your products. Here’s how you can create your own QR barcode labels using Avery Square Labels, which are designed for optimal barcode reading.
Psst! Small business tip: Build some online buzz for your business - use your online space to build a community of engaged fans. In a study by Econsultancy, 90% of online consumers trust recommendations from people they know, while only 14% trust advertising. So why not put positive word-of-mouth to work for you via Facebook and online reviews?
Your engagement with your customers doesn’t end once they’ve placed an order with you. Continue to market your business with these ideas to get your unique brand out there. Here’s to making your small business a success!