You’ve done the research and invested some serious bucks, and now your personal dream has come to life—you’ve launched your retail business. And in order to thrive, it’s customers that you need. With the right mix of merchandising strategies, you can create an environment that brings customers through your door, encourages them to make a purchase, and have them return again and again, building loyalty for your business. Check out these merchandising ideas to help you rev up some revenue.
Give ‘em a sign
Those window shoppers out there might just be looking for the right invitation to come in. Entice them through your door by announcing a new product, sale or event they won’t want to miss. Just customize Avery Removable Window and Wall Signage using the free Avery Design & Print Online program with your message, and stick them to your storefront windows and even in-store on walls. The removable adhesive leaves no residue, so you can easily update your signage with your next promotion.
Showcase your stuff
Whether you want to create excitement for new products or make it easy for your customers to find popular items in your store, tried and true visual display techniques can help you get the customers’ attention and even encourage them to make a purchase.
• When you’re arranging your display, remember the rule of three, according to Rick Segel in The The Top Twelve Visual Merchandising Ideas. “If you’re arranging merchandise by height, have a tall, taller, tallest. If something is squat and round, have a fat, fatter, fattest. You can even group by price: the good, better, best display is well-established—and works surprisingly well.”
• Another strategy is to create an interactive display. Especially useful when it’s a new type of product, that’s where you take the product “out of the box” and put it in a realistic setting. Customers will be able to handle the actual product and better envision how they will use the product themselves.
• Don’t forget the opportunity to cross-sell products. Items that work well together can also be displayed together, even though they may reside in different departments of your store. Avery Printable Tags with Strings can be used for pricing, and also to make recommendations of correlating products.
• Create an easy takeaway. Whether you’re encouraging customers to try a free sample of your product, packaging small items for shipping, or putting together small impulse purchase items for your counter, Avery Printable Bag Toppers and Bags make it easy to put together your own packaged goods. Just customize and print, then bag it and tag it.
Make it pop off the shelves
How do you focus the spotlight on certain products on a shelf without rearranging your store? Make that section of the aisle stand out by breaking up the scenery with attractive ways to catch your customers’ eyes.
• Call out sales, promotions, or key product information with Avery Removable Shelf Tags that can be customized in a snap with Avery Design & Print Online. The tags feature a removable adhesive so you can take them down without leaving any sticky residue behind.
• Grab their attention with strategically positioned coupons. Place coupons next to their respective items making it convenient for customers to grab a coupon and be enticed to make a purchase while saving some money.
• Let technology do the talking. Digitally connect customers to online coupons, demos, videos, and other online media instantly with QR barcodes placed on your products. Customers can scan the barcode with their smart phone and access information instantly. Plus, there’s no special equipment required to create your own barcodes. Just go to Avery Design & Print Online and print onto Avery Square Labels, designed for optimal barcode reading.
With the right mix of merchandising techniques and the help of easy-to-use Avery Branding and Merchandising products, you can create an engaging shopping experience that can turn casual shoppers into loyal customers. Keep your displays fresh and inviting, and you’ll be sure to create some buzz for your business.