Here’s an easy way to get even more out of your organization efforts: by simply using color. Color can help get important messages noticed, provide visual cues so you can identify and find things faster and even brighten up your everyday projects. Check out these tips from our readers on how they’re using color to get things done.
Call attention where it’s needed
For head-turning visibility, count on bright and colorful Avery Color Coding Labels and Avery Garage Sale Labels to get important messages across fast.
- “I used these labels to color code boxes and furniture for various departments. Then I color coded the floor plan for the new office to coincide with these items. The labels are large enough to stand out, peel off without leaving a residue. The movers, armed with floor plans and color codes, found it very easy and efficient.”
- “These easy-to-use labels were a life-saving suggestion from my home care nurse for use in my refrigerator! No more wasted food (and wasted $$!), no more leftovers that sit too long before anyone remembers to ENJOY them then while they’re still fresh! No more preparing dishes in advance and forgetting exactly which day it was that you made that! Now EVERYTHING gets a label! Even food that already has an expiration date printed on it… gets an Avery label because you can see your own brightly colored label date so CLEARLY.”
Create eye-catching reports
Organize your reports and reference materials with easy-to-read, printshop-quality dividers you can create from your desk. With durable Avery Index Maker® Dividers you can customize dividers (available in multi-color and contemporary colors) to make your work pop, then package your work with a professional touch with custom Avery Signature Binders.
- “Making binders every month with index tabs was such a time waster before a co-worker introduced me to Index Maker Clear Label Dividers… In moments, I can produce another complete set of index tabs. The finished product looks very professional. I have used both the white and color-coded tabs, and love them both.”
- “I love these clear divider tabs not only in these colors which are so vivid and easy to read, but also because the application strip labels are so fast to create and apply!”
Find files in a flash
Keep track of paperwork with a color-coded filing system. Using color makes it easy to find files, and refile them later. Use Avery File Folder Labels (available in a variety of colors) and assign colors based on task, project or client.
- “I’m a purchasing manager… color coded labels are a necessity for me. Red means hold for approvals; green means sent to finance; purple is pending other issues; orange means on order.”
- “I use these labels for my filing system, I like to use different color labels for categorizing. Like the green is for money so all of my banking files are in green. Red is for my credit card accounts. Blue is for my household bills like electric, water, rent, insurance, etc. Yellow is for online accounts.”
Organize your world with the use of color. You’ll find a wide spectrum of possibilities by adding this special touch to your work.