Making Spirits Brighter with a Gift Drive
- Announce the gift drive in advance with flyers, poster, emails, and on your Facebook and Twitter pages, and include the date(s) and drop-off location.
- Provide an incentive for people to bring in a gift. For example, at work find out if it’s possible to offer employees a casual dress day, or be able to hold a company-sponsored raffle (for a neat prize) and give out a raffle ticket in exchange for each donated toy. The more items a person donates, the more tickets—and chances to win—they’ll receive.
- Encourage local businesses to participate by making a donation, or by providing a gift collection area at their place of business.
- Organize the donated gifts with gift labels. Create labels with Avery Shipping Labels and pre-designed holiday templates with free Avery Wizard Software for Microsoft® Office Holiday Edition. Labels can be personalized with the child’s name or picture, or they can specify the age/gender of the intended gift recipient.
- Here’s an alternative to collecting gifts: contact your local charitable organization about hosting a needy family and make a collection to purchase items on that family’s wish list, such as a holiday meal or some much-needed clothing.
- Once you’ve collected the gifts and toys, work with your local non-profit organization to arrange a drop-off at a location or delivery to the recipients.
Get into the spirit of giving by spearheading a gift or toy drive at your work, local school or in your community. You’ll brighten up the holidays for a less fortunate child or family, and share the message of peace, joy and love.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
This review is from AVERY Making Spirits Brighter with a Gift Drive:
Every year my family and friends get together and go downtown to do Secret Santa for homeless kids. They love it. We always buy a bunch of school supplies from avery and paper and markers. They look forward to it every year, as do I.