The holiday season is a popular time to exchange thoughtful gifts with friends and family. But when your gift-giving list is long yet you’re short on cash, how can you make your dollars stretch further? Try these do-it-yourself gift ideas that are easy to put together—and easy on your wallet.
Yummy for the tummy gifts:
- Glass gift jars are perfect for holding the ingredients to grandma’s famous cookie recipe or an assortment of nuts and candies. Spice up your gift jars with Avery Brown Kraft Shipping Labels and matching gift tags (with the recipe) made with Avery Clean Edge® Business Cards. Labels and tags can be designed and personalized with the Avery Wizard software using Microsoft® Word templates, or directly online with Avery Design & Print Online (no download required). Add a finishing touch to jars with festive ribbon around the lids.
- Good morning, sunshine! And by “sunshine” we mean the glorious beverage called coffee. Coffee lovers will crave the gift of a hearty mug and bag of their favorite beans. Here’s the kicker: “repackage” the bag of coffee with a personalized label using Avery Shipping Labels with TrueBlock® Technology that covers up the original label underneath.
- If you know how to make a mean batch of cookies, turn these goodies into a scrumptious gift: package each cookie inside individual plastic bags sealed with customized Avery Round Seals, then nestle them in a bakery box adorned with an Avery Shipping Label customized from your “bake shop.”
Heartfelt gifts made expressly by you:
- For the person who’s hard to shop for, surprise them with a personalized jar of pet treats for their furry friend instead. First, fill a glass cookie jar with dog biscuits or other dog snacks. Then use Avery Shipping Labels and the Avery Wizard to create a label with the pet’s name and photo. Stick, label, and stay—good label!
- Is that a picture of a peacock, or mom wearing her favorite sweater? Showcase your child’s precious artwork inside a custom-designed Avery Signature Binder with the masterpieces tucked inside Avery Secure Top™ Sheet Protectors. Makes a neat gift for grandma and grandpa, or a fun keepsake from one parent to the other.
- Customized t-shirts are fun to make, but Avery Fabric Transfers aren’t just limited to dressing up plain ol’ tees. Use them to design unique pillowcases, tote bags, fabric tablecloths and more.
- Who wouldn’t want a book of hugs? With a personalized coupon book made with Avery Clean Edge® Business Cards and Avery Wizard software, you can create any kind of coupon you can dream up! Other ideas: a coupon book of chores and tasks to get out of (to give to your significant other), or book of fun weekend activities for the kids.
Gifts made to inspire:
- For kids of all ages, a boxful of arts and crafts supplies is like the ultimate treasure chest! Fill a box with fun and colorful items such as stickers, crayons, Avery Glue Stic®, safety scissors and construction paper. Then add their name to the box with an Avery Full-Sheet Shipping Label (8-1/2” x 11”) trimmed to fit the box.
- Got a kid away at college, or a pen pal who still likes to keep in touch the old fashioned way? Create a postcard set using your favorite photos and Avery Postcards. Complement your postcard set with a sheet of PhotoStamps®, and turn your photo into real U.S. postage!
When you’re working with a shoestring budget this season, consider making it a DIY holiday. You might find these thoughtful do-it-yourself gifts just as rewarding to make as they are to give.