Easy Holiday Gift Ideas from the Kitchen
To give your wrapped-up goodies a little extra holiday cheer, create personalized Avery labels and tags with your choice of a variety of festive design templates on Avery Design & Print Online. Create your own heartfelt gifts with these ideas that are easy to make and fun to give.
Cocoa to go-go
Simple to make in a pinch, just layer the ingredients for cocoa or mocha in a glass jar (you'll find several recipes online). Decorate the lid with a personalized round label, and tie on a printable tag with the directions. Add holiday trimmings such as a jingle bell or paper snowflake for a little charm.
Santa’s favorite snack
Homemade cookies are a big hit during the holidays. You can stack regular-sized cookies in a clear container or fill a jar with itty-bitty ones. Add your personalized round label on top and attach a personal note printed on a tag using colored string. Wax paper bags sealed with holiday labels make a lighter packaging alternative to containers.
You are what you eat
Nuts, popcorn, trail mix or candy can easily be repackaged in food-safe containers and wrapped up as thoughtful gifts. Use decorative ribbon around your snack packs. For a personal touch, attach fun, customized labels available in round, oval, and square shapes.
Packing and shipping tips for treats
Put all your scrumptious treats in a box and send a nice surprise to a loved one far from home, or create an assortment of labeled goodies in a gift basket for delivery. Design a customized shipping label for the box to give your package some personality.
When shipping your treats, here are some tips to help them arrive just the way you intended:
- Pad the inside of the box with bubble wrap, packing peanuts and/or other packing materials.
- Make sure baked goodies have no wiggle room – pack them tight inside their containers.
- Keep baked goods from getting stale before their time by including a slice of bread with them. Your baked goods will absorb moisture from the bread so they’ll stay fresh longer.
- Avoid mingling flavors by separating different flavored treats.
- Protect glass jars or containers by wrapping them with cellophane and bubble wrap before placing in the box.
- Fill the box, leaving room for extra padding on top. Make sure the box is packed snugly to survive the moving and shaking during transport.
- If possible, choose the fastest delivery option you can.
Make your gifts and packages as festive as the season with Avery labels and tags and free design templates. Got any other tips to share? We’d be delighted to hear about them. From all your friends at Avery, we wish you a happy holiday!