|Avery Dennison protects its consumers' right to privacy. The following guidelines outline fair and appropriate handling of all consumer information passed through this Web site.||Terms & Conditions
Parental Consent Policy
This protection of consumer privacy is best achieved through cooperation between the business community, customers, service providers, government agencies, and information collectors. We at Avery Dennison, believe every consumer should be able to conduct business with us without having their personal information used for unrelated purposes.
This document provides guidelines that Avery Dennison Worldwide Office Products uses to ensure proper handling of all consumer information.
Currently, we mark consumer records in two ways:
Do not mail excludes the consumer's name from our direct mail campaigns
Do not call indicates that the consumer does not wish to receive any phone communication (i.e., phone research or telemarketing campaigns) from Avery Dennison.
Consumers can request removal of their name and consumer information by the following methods:
- Writing Avery Dennison Consumer Service Center with the request:
Avery Dennison Consumer Service Center
PO Box 129
Brea, CA 92822-0129
- Calling Avery Dennison Consumer Service Center:
- Faxing Avery Dennison Consumer Service Center:
Avery Dennison Consumer Information Sources
- Call Avery Dennison Consumer Service Center (CSC). When consumers call the CSC, we might ask for their names, address, phone number, and other consumer profile information that helps us better serve their needs in the future. Consumer information is collected only if the consumer has given us permission to do so. This information helps facilitate communication with our consumers by allowing us to quickly and efficiently identify the consumer.
- Respond to various marketing campaigns (i.e., advertisements, business reply cards, offers, etc.). This consumer information collected is completely voluntary. In most cases, consumers are given a choice to have their names removed by checking the appropriate box on the questionnaire.
- Visit the Avery® products Web site (www.avery.com). Consumers might be asked to respond to survey questionnaires or to register to receive future mailings and product updates. Consumers might also be asked to provide consumer information before downloading Avery brand software products.
Types of Information
Avery Brand Online Services
Information collected about a consumer may include:
- Contact or locator information (such as name, postal, and email addresses);
- Navigational information (such as data revealing consumers' preferences or the choices they make among the range of products, services, or sites);
- Other consumer profile information that helps us better target our products and services.
Uses of Consumer Information
On occasion, we may also disclose names and information collected to approved firms that conduct market research for Avery Dennison or to companies that do joint promotional activities with Avery Dennison. Those consumers who have requested removal of their name and consumer information should not be contacted.